Operating since 1994
We started offering marine adventures and scuba charters with one small boat from Hornby Island in 1994. Today, we operate four vessels from two locations in Campbell River and the Comox Valley. We’ve had the same passion since day one: sharing our small piece of paradise with the world.
High safety standards
We are a Transport Canada authorized whale watching company and our crew take their responsibilities extremely seriously. All of our vessel crew are Transport Canada certified and trained marine naturalists. Aboard our fleet of comfortable covered vessels and exhilarating high speed zodiacs, we pride ourselves on small group sizes and personalized service while maintaining the highest safety standards.
Every day, we strive in many ways to minimize our impact on the environment.
- We’ve switched out booking system to an online platform as a major step toward paper-free operations.
- All of our boats are updated regularly and maintained to ensure efficiency.
- COVID-19 has drastically impacted our goal to eliminate single-use plastics. We are working tirelessly to reduce our environmental footprint in this area as we move forward.
We are proud of our partnerships with local community members, the Indigenous Peoples whose territories we have the privilege to explore, and also various research and ecological organizations we support.
- Our Grizzly Bear Expedition is run in cooperation with the Homalco First Nations on their traditional territory in Bute Inlet. The land-based portion of the tour is run by Homalco guides, and a portion of your tour goes toward salmon restoration and grizzly bear conservation in the Orford Valley.
- The products in our gift shop are from local artists and artisans.
- All of our lunches are made by a local company “Snack Shack” and packaged in reusable containers.
responsible whale watching
Witnessing marine mammals in their natural environment is a fun and educational experience. Our crew are very respectful of our resident marine wildlife and recognize that we are visitors in their home, and we don’t want to cause any unnecessary stress or injuries. Our crew strictly follow regulations set by the government, which means we maintain viewing distances, approach slowly, and minimize noise.
Campbell River is quickly becoming known as Canada’s best whale watching destination and during our tours we will often spot orcas, humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions, seals, eagles and much more.
At the end of your tour, stop by our gift shop featuring photography and crafts from local artisans.
Join us today for a fun-filled family adventure that you will not soon forget!